Ocha gave me a book before I left Melbourne. Didn't read it until today as I have decided to do nothing but laze in cafes.
Well, one particular para caught my attention - "The 'rat race" is an illusion and so unnecessary. We rush around, and for what? All it does is keep us from truly experiencing life in any sort of meaningful, deep way. I can now see that people are trying to chase happiness. It's ironic, however, because if we would just slow down, happiness would catch up on us."
Well, I guess alot of us knew what we need to do to improve our life, be it work-life balance or to fill that little void in our heart, but how many times, it's easier said than done. Really find it amusing that people say "Don't think, just do it." Next thing i know, these people are just very much guilty of working on weekends or also in some forms of searching. I don't think there's any right or wrong. It's just the way we are choosing how our life would be.. for now. (Yes, I know God can fill that void but at times I miss the security of having someone to hold on to when I'm down. Well, I believe He will send me this person).
I hope this trip makes me learn a thing or two and know how to manage a few things at work / life. I'm thankful to a few people who had been patient and honest with me all these times. They know who they are. Cheers guys, love you much..
Back to the book. So if you have an hour to live, who will you call? Something to ponder upon? I know I have a few to call - Dad, Mum, Bro, Mings, Granny, SG. Weis, Bre and (sighhh) would be next. But the last few moments, definitely will be in prayers with the family. ALRIGHT!! I'm thinking too much... :P (I just realised Fishie is not on my list.. oh dear oh dear.. what had happened?)
Next part of the book is An Hour To Love...
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment