Friday, September 5, 2008

What a week...

Can't believe how fast this week flew by.

Scyeige pings me like after so many years. That guy had just broke up with his GF and is now working with his uncle. Good for him lah...

I just did another CLM. Think I'm slowly excelling in this. Sigh.. How smart can I be? But I can't understand the person who fixed the rules and insist people to follow the rules and break it. Well, if you don't insist that people follows, it's fine. But if you do, then practice it! Also, saying that how senior management should be made responsible for almost anything purely because of their level but changes his mind once he knew who the senior management is. Saying "You cannot shoot the hands that feed you.." Leaders - show your consistency.. You are supposed to lead, not to confuse people with what you say and what you do when they don't tally.

Promotion - a good thing!! But there's always the sad side. I see so many unhappy people around. Like what the bosses/leads say, people will not say they are not doing a good job, they always feel they do more than the others, better than the others. I kinda agree to that cos when it was my time of appraisal, I always felt I was put down, the bosses are quick to brush away my credits. I guess I can say this now cos my frustration period was over. 加油 加油 加油... Maybe I should get the bosses to buy more drinks.. Honestly, I do feel for some of those who are closer to me who didn't make it. I can only comfort or try to make them see other possible reasons why the promotion didn't take place.

Looking at them now makes me start to think of my own appraisal or maybe dreading my next appraisal. But I dunno, maybe I won't be around already.

But on a lighter side, there are some jokes about the promotes as well. Funny!! They say looking at some of the promotes, it says that it is ok to screw up at work. You just have to hang in there for a number of years, you will still be able to climb the ladder, slower but will still make it. Heh... :P

No comments: